Water/Waste Water Service


Water billing, new service, and cancellation of services are processed at the Clerks Office at City Hall. New customers will need to come by City Hall to establish new service during the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. If you need service the same day, you will need to come to City Hall before 1:00 p.m. in order to have same day service. Customers will need to fill out an application and provide a copy of a photo ID. Please download a copy of our water policies from the Forms page. . Deposits and service charges can be cash, check, money order or credit/ debit card. We charge a $30.00 fee for any returned check.

All water bills are due without penalty by the 20th of each month. Service will be interrupted on the 25th of each month if payment or arrangements are not made.

If you experience any emergency after hours or on weekends, you can call the technician that is on-call at (615) 642-0548.

If you wish to cancel water service, please contact City Hall (615) 643-4531 to make arrangement.

Consumer Confidence Report (CCR)

By July 1 of each year, the City of Greenbrier is required to notify customers about the quality of the drinking water including a summary of the results of the tests that are performed. The notification, the Consumer Confidence Report (CCR), is printed in the Robertson Count Times. Copies can be obtained at City Hall. The CCR provides information for the previous calendar year. It also contains general information about the water system as well as technical information about the analyses that are performed on a routine basis.

Annual Water Quality Report


Persons may be held liable if their action causes damage to the City water/waste water system. The City of Greenbrier is a member of Tennessee One-Call. The number is 1-800-351-1111. When excavation is contemplated, telephone calls to Tennessee One-Call are required to establish locations for underground facilities. Failure to give prior notice for underground facility locations shall be considered negligence. Willful damage to water/waste water facilities will be considered gross negligence and the repair of damages will be due and punitive damages may be sought.

Damage to water meters

If a City owned water meter is damaged due to an act by a customer, through negligence or abuse, the customer is responsible for the repairs and/or replacement. The customer will be billed for the actual cost of repair or replacement.

Cross Connections/Back flow

In order to protect the integrity of the potable water supply, certain classes of commercial and industrial water customers, and all fire protection lines, must be fitted with devices that prevent the reintroduction of water which potentially could carry contaminants back to the public water supply. All commercial and industrial water customers must install an approved cross connection control device to be easily accessible for inspection and maintenance. Specific information regarding the installation, use and testing of back flow prevention devices can be obtained by contacting Billy Williams at (615)643-4531.