Greenbrier Fire Department - "Trained to Protect, Proud to Serve"
Greenbrier Fire Department (GFD) is a paid per call fire department with a staff of dedicated and trained volunteers who serve the residents, businesses, and visitors of the City of Greenbrier and a portion of southern Roberson County. The department also has one staff member who is on duty on a part-time basis.
GFD responds to a multitude of incidents including:
- Hazardous materials incidents
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Structural fires
- Vehicle fires
- Wild land fires
- Other emergency medical and rescue calls for service
Facility & Equipment
Greenbrier Fire Department operates out of one fire station located at 202 W College Street in Greenbrier. The department is equipped to respond with:
- Two 1,250 gallons per minute pumpers
- A rescue truck carrying hydraulic rescue tools, pneumatic rescue tools, and emergency medical equipment
- A brush fire truck
- Two support SUVs
Access annual report documents in the Fire Department Annual Reports Archive.
Important Things to Remember
- Please remember to change your smoke detector batteries twice per year
- Always have a plan of escape from your residence in case of fire
A burn permit is required from October 15 through May 15. Contact the TN Forestry Division by calling 800-350-2876 or by visiting the Burn Safe TN website.